This event was presented by the organising partners of the National Treaties Summit: Melbourne University, National Native Title Council and ANTaR National.
- Dr Jackie Huggins AO is a Bidjara and Birri-Gubba Juru woman,Co-Chair Eminent Panel for Path to Treaty, the Queensland Government's Indigenous treaty-making process.
- Mick Gooda is a Ghungalu man, Eminent Panel for Path to Treaty, the Queensland Government's Indigenous treaty-making process, former Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Social Justice commissioner.
- Prof Mick Dodson AM is a Yawuru man and Northern Territory Treaty Commissioner.
- Ursula Raymond is Northern Territory Deputy Treaty Commissioner.
- Reuben Berg is Gunditjmara man, Member of the First Peoples Assembly of Victoria and Commissioner for the Victorian Environment Water Holder.
- Jamie Lowe is a Gunditjmara Djabwurrung man, Member of the First Peoples Assembly of Victoria and CEO of National Native Title Council.
While the Federal government continues to be bogged down in versions of constitutional reform and watering down the Voice model, the State and Territory governments have taken the lead in making the tentative steps to Treaty between the former colonies and the First Nations peoples.
The final webinar event in our 2020 series heard from prominent First Nations leaders who are leading the treaty conversation in Victoria, Queensland and the Northern Territory.